It pays to give back
We’ve partnered with Fort York Food Bank to give more during the holidays. We are offering a 15% discount* for anyone who brings in non-perishable food items or toys for donation.
*This excludes women’s and Canada Goose but can be used on literally everything else.
All non-perishable food items are welcome. The following is a limited list of some of the food items you may choose to donate.
- Canned meat/fish
- Dry pasta
- Canned fruit/vegetables
- Pasta/tomato sauce
- Peanut butter
- Cold or hot cereal
If you want to go the extra mile, see what food banks really need but can’t publicly ask for.
Why is this important?
According to a survey done in 2012, 412,998 individuals accessed Ontario food banks in March. The following statistics are from the same survey:
- 38.7% of food bank users, or 159,918 individuals, were children
- 174,618 households were served by food banks (9.8% of which were first time users)
- 42.8% of food bank users were on social assistance
- 64.5% of food bank users were low-income, rental market tenants
- 9.2% of food banks ran out of nutritious food during the month
Sometimes it’s hard to see but our communities are suffering from a staggering lack of sustainable nutrition. With so many people accessing hunger relief programs every month, the need for help is substantial. We encourage everyone to come out and help us give back.